- Apply for a Mortgage
- Contact Us
- Mortgage News
- Library & Statistics
- Rates & Tools
- Mortgage Services
Search the Glossary
Canadian Financial, Real Estate and Mortgage Glossary
- actuarial table — Definition (Investments, Insurance, Financial-banking)
- A table used in actuarial science that outlines the statistical probability that an individual of a specific age and sex will die within a year.
- actuary — Definition (Investments, Insurance, Financial-banking)
- An individual who assesses the mechanisms, mathematics and complexities of risk and uncertainty.
- age-adjusted mortality rate (AAMR) — Acronym
- age-standardized mortality rate (ASMR) — Acronym
- Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) — Company, United States
- comparative mortality figure (CMF) — Acronym
- ➥ Used in the study of occupational mortality.
- crude mortality rate (CMR) — Acronym
- ➥ Also known as Crude Death Rate.
- infant mortality rate (IMR) — Acronym
- ➥ Usually measured per thousand live births.
- maternal mortality rate (MMR) — Acronym
- more or less (m/l) — Abbreviation (Abbreviation)
- ➥ Approximately.
- mortality and expense risk charge — Definition (Annuities, Insurance)
- A charge sometimes applied to reimburse an insurer for the risks in a policy.
- mortality rate — Definition (Insurance)
- A measurement of how many people in a particular population set and in a particular period of time die.
- mortality rate doubling time (MRDT) — Acronym
- Variable derived from the Gompertz equation that determines the time required for a mortality rate to double.
- mortality rate within 120 days (MR120) — Acronym
- perinatal mortality rate (PMR) — Acronym
- risk-adjusted mortality rate (RAMR) — Acronym
- ➥ Predicted risk of death.
- risk-standardized mortality rate (RSMR) — Acronym
- single monthly mortality (SMM) — Acronym
- ➥ Used to estimate monthly rate of prepayments for a mortgage pool.
- Society of Actuaries (SOA) — Company Est.1889, United States
- standardized mortality ratio (SMR) — Acronym
- ultimate mortality table — Definition (Insurance)
- A mortality table that does not include information from people who have been approved for life insurance recently.
- unallocated loss adjustment expense (ULAE) — Acronym
- under five mortality rate (U5MR) — Acronym
- ➥ From United Nations Children's Fund.
- underlying mortality assumption — Definition (Insurance)
- A measurement of death rates that is used to estimate pension obligations and insurance premiums.
Search the Glossary
- Mortality Rate
- Actuarial Table
- Mortality and Expense Risk Charge
- Underlying Mortality Assumption
- Ultimate Mortality Table
Rate Comparison CalculatorIt can be hard to figure out exactly how much you can afford to spend on your home, but we're here to help. We have taken the time to redesign our top-rated mortgage calculator and made it easier to use than ever before. Compare rates, evaluate terms, and calculate multiple mortgages side-by-side.
Not All Brokers Offer Great RatesThe majority of brokers in Canada limit themselves to using a small network of lenders. We however, have access to dozens of lenders and the lowest mortgage rates in Canada.
Best Brokers, Lowest Mortgage Rates, Period.Our savvy brokers make it their mission to offer the lowest rate on the best mortgage products available in Canada. See the advantage we offer for yourself.