- Apply for a Mortgage
- Contact Us
- Mortgage News
- Library & Statistics
- Rates & Tools
- Mortgage Services
Mortgage Super Brokers > Library & Listings > Glossary > Companies & Associations > Canada Revenue Agency
Search the Glossary
Canadian Financial, Real Estate and Mortgage Glossary
Canada Revenue Agency-related words.
- alternative minimum tax (AMT) — Definition (Taxation, Financial-banking, Legal-contracts)
- This tax primarily affects high-income taxpayers who shelter some of their income from tax through certain tax preference items or deductions. It is often referred to in tax publications as AMT and, if your income meets the limit, you have to recalculate your tax due based on the separate alternative minimum tax rates and tables.
- ➥ Form T691.
- Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) — Canada
- The Canada Child Tax Benefit is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under age 18.
- ➥ Pamphlet T4114.
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) — Company, Canada
- capital cost allowance (CCA) — Canada
- Capital Cost Allowance is a method of expensing depreciable assets as defined by the Canadian Income Tax Act (ITA).
- Corporate Tax Administration for Ontario (CTAO) — Ontario, Canada
- Disability Tax Credit (DTC) — Canada
- Federal Income Tax Act (FITA) — Canada
- First Nations Goods and Services Tax (FNGST) — Canada
- foreign tax credit (FTC) — Canada
- This tax credit is for foreign income or profits taxes you paid on income you received from outside Canada and reported on your Canadian tax return.
- ➥ Form T2209 - Federal Foreign Tax Credits.
- general anti-avoidance rule (GAAR) — Canada
- ➥ Section 245 of the Canadian Income Tax Act. (IC88-2)
- General Index of Financial Information (GIFI) — Canada
- ➥ A standard list of codes used in preparing financial statements.
- goods and services tax (GS, GST) — Canada
- A sales tax that applies in all Canadian provinces charged at 5% (as of 2012).
- ➥ Bank account transaction code.
- Home Buyers' Plan (HBP) — Canada
- A way for a homebuyer to use part of his or her RRSP as a down payment on a mortgage.
- ➥ Government assistance for first-time homebuyers.
- Home Renovation Tax Credit (HRTC) — Canada
- Income Tax Act (ITA) — Canada
- An income tax shall be paid, as required by this Act, on the taxable income for each taxation year of every person resident in Canada at any time in the year.
- Income Tax Technical News (ITTN) — Canada
- Individual Tax Number (ITN) — Canada
- ➥ For Non-Residents.
- Input Tax Credit (ITC) — Canada
- ➥ Canadian GST refund for businesses.
- investment tax credit (ITC) — Canada
- New Brunswick Child Tax Benefit (NBCTB) — New Brunswick, Canada
- A non-taxable amount paid monthly to qualifying families with children under the age of 18 in New Brunswick.
- ➥ See also Canada Child tax benefit (CCTB).
- Notice of Assessment (NOA) — Canada
- A form the federal government issues when personal taxes are complete. A notice of assessment shows a breakdown of the given years income along with the balance owing or refund.
- ➥ Canada Revenue Agency's T451 tax form.
- Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit (OEPTC) — Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- ➥ This property tax credit is administrated by Canada Revenue Agency on behalf of the Province of Ontario.
- Refundable Child Tax Credit (RCTC) — Canada
- ➥ Obsolete term. See Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB).
- refundable dividend tax on hand (RDTOH) — Canada
- A scheme that applies to investment income earned in a corporation.
- ➥ See “Dividend Refunds to Private Corporations” (IT-243) guide for a full explanation.
- Registered Pension Plan (RPP) — Canada
- registered retirement income fund (RRIF) — Canada
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) — Canada
- A savings plan introduced by the federal government to encourage Canadians to save money for retirement. The investment and the interest earned on it is sheltered: it will not be taxed as long as it is left in the plan.
- ➥ Tax deferred investment contribution used to reduce income tax.
- Tax Information Phone Service (TIPS) — Canada
- ➥ The number to call is 1-800-267-6999.
- Tax Rebate Discounting Act (TRDA) — Canada
- Tax Revenue Division (TRD) — Company, Canada
- ➥ The Tax Revenue Division of the Ministry of Finance.
- Tuition Tax Credit (TTC) — Canada
- The tuition tax credit allows Canadian students to reduce their income taxes by taking into account tuition fees for certain types of education.
- ➥ Tax credit.
- Vancouver Tax Services Office (VTSO) — Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Search the Glossary
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Home Buyers' Plan
- Notice of Assessment
- Goods and Services Tax
- Capital Cost Allowance
- Alternative Minimum Tax
Brand New Mortgage CalculatorUse our new mortgage calculator and strike a balance between maximizing your payment schedule and leaving yourself enough breathing room to live comfortably. By simply changing your mortgage amount, amortization period, interest rate, or payment frequency you can determine the best mortgage for your unique situation.
Mortgage RatesWait! Before you apply for a mortgage through your bank, make sure you aren't leaving money on the table. Compare the best mortgage rates in Canada right now. It'll only take a minute, but you'll be surprised just how much you can save!
Mortgage BrokersBuying a house takes a fair bit of time and chances are your life is pretty busy already, what with work, school, maybe even soccer practice for the kids. Hire the right professionals and you can take that hassle off your plate. Our brokers can handle everything for you, from start to finish, and do it in record time.